Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Just a Random Adventure

Yesterday night I was with one of my old roommates (Coryse). She wanted Subway so we drove to a Subway down the street. It was about 10 minutes to 9:00 when we pulled up, and it was closed! I read the sign on the door that said "Closed due to lack of bread". It was ridiculous. We didn't give up that easily though! We drove a little further to a Subway right next to campus. When we arrived we got out of the car and were excited to see the lights on and a couple customers inside. We both pushed at the doors and were sad to find that the doors were locked! I checked my phone and it was 9:03, and the sign on the door informed us that they locked it at 9:00. We stood outside for a minute, staring at the two employees with sad faces, but they pointedly ignored us. Coryse and I walked dejectedly back to the car and I waited for her to dig through her pit-of-death purse looking for her keys. I looked longingly towards the smelly food establishment and observed one of the customers unlock the door and leave with his half eaten sandwich.
"Coryse." I said, pointing as the door swung shut.
We looked at each other, then bolted out of the car and ran suspiciously through the recently unlocked doors of Subway. As we tripped inside, the male worker put up his hand but Coryse and I both looked up at the menu simultaneously as if we didn't see him. The female worker went behind the counter and grudgingly asked us what we were having. As she made our sandwich she had a hushed though very obvious conversation with the male worker.
"I should have just ran and locked the door after that guy left!" he exclaimed loudly hushed. "I should be meaner!" Then he banged his way into the back room leaving us with the midly amused girl, who we watched carefully, making sure she didn't let saliva fall into Coryse's sandwich. Coryse and I were able to hold ourselves together until we were out the door. Those poor Subway workers must have hated us. I'm not gonna lie, I would have hated us as well. Even though I didn't get a sandwich and came out smelling like processed cheese and stale bread it was totally worth it. I was proud of our stealthiness.

1 comments:

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I feel that one day you will be a Subway employee and you will get your payback!

MUSIC