Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Could You Please Verify This Dead Body?

You know when you have to verify something online and they make you type in the strewn combination of letters and/or numbers, just to make sure you're a real human and not some kind of intracomputeral droid? Does anybody else feel like they didn't learn to recognize the alphabet when you do this? I was trying to comment on my aunt's blog and I had to type it in 4 times, a different pattern of symbols everytime I got it wrong. Then it starts to trick you. Is that an 'h'? Or is it a squished together 'l' and 'n'? Is that a '5' or an 's'? 'W' or two 'v's? You start to lose faith in what you learned in kindergarten and what you've taken with you your whole life. It's ridiculous. Probably some kind of government plot to make us susceptible to brainwashing by lowering our morale like that.


Anyways. Yesterday I went to Barnes and Noble. My mission: find the greatest, saddest, most awe-inspiring, odd-defying love story ever written. I was there for two and a half hours reading the backs and inside cover flaps of every book. I didn't find ANYTHING that struck my fancy, so I bought an Italian soda and mourned my wasted time. I'm going back today, but not to find that unwritten love story. I'm going to buy a book called "Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach." (and yes I know it's supposed to be underlined, but there is no underline button) It's about all the things they do with cadavers, and it even has a chapter detailing the decomposition of a human body. I've read it before and I loved it.


Don't you love when you go to a church meeting and you hear EXACTLY what you needed to hear? You feel as if the meeting was tailored to precisely what you are going through in life. That happened to me at Institue yesterday. It doesn't make sense to write down the things we were talking about, because I just tried that and I sounded crazy. Just know that I heard what I needed to hear.

Right then. Good day.

5 comments:

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Beth, this post was funny. I took off my letter verification box because I wanted my site to be more comment-friendly. It is a pain, isn't it?

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

You have very clever titles also. You are such an amazing writer. I don't know where you get it....Now I'm going to letter verify. Let's see if I get it right the first time.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

That was a tough one. I had three v's in a row....

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I love your blog background and your pansies. It's beautiful. You were kind of right about the real estate thing. I went to school to become an agent, but never got certified because I didn't want to leave you!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I just read your list of interests in your profile. That was cute.

MUSIC