Friday, May 16, 2008

Mind's Eye


Here are a couple poems. More to come later. I'm too lazy right now to format them in the way that I want them to be. The first is from 4 or 5 years ago. The others are from a week ago. Enjoy.

LUST
A dark, unfathomed tide
Of interminable pride-
A mystery and a dream,
Should my present life seem.
I say that dream was fraught
With the soul that had been bought
By his lust, not love, for me.
He who had never been
Humble.
A hypocrite and a liar,
His conceited glory rising higher
Than I can reach.
I had hoped he would teach me,
And understand my dreams, though dim.
But my soul had been bought
By his lust, not love, for me.
He, whom I had truly loved.
NO TITLE
Dream and Reality drift together
Like mist and smoke:
Harmless and deadly.
I live and breathe both,
But my lungs are turning black,
And my eyes glaze over and sting.
NOSTALGIA
Memories are precious and evil.
When time comes back to haunt me
There is no escape.
Ghosts of tender love
Whisper sweet nothings to broken ears.
Shadows of grief lurk in the corner,
Waiting to pounce on happier times
And snuff out the light.
Monsters with bloody mouths and covered ears
Hide under the bed, waiting for night
To claw at my mind.

2 comments:

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Beth, I can't believe what a good write you are. And you ever wrote those back in the day. You are amazing! Also, where did you get your blog background. I can't find anything good.
Love,
Your Mother

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Dangit! I mis-spelled writer in the previous comment! I keep doing that! (I might have mis-spelled mis-spelled.)

MUSIC