Thursday, May 15, 2008

So It Begins...

After two weeks of sitting in the corner of my very uncomfortable couch, watching Law and Order whilst bemoaning my recently updated relationship status, I have decided to let the whole world know of my woes and triumphs. Hopefully keeping a blog will be incentive for me to get out of my apartment and do exciting things so that I can write about them.

So what has been going on in my life? Right now I am NOT taking classes. I do have a job though. I work for a company called TriConnections. It is a community for elderly people with mental disabilites. I'm sure that many of my posts will include the antics of the characters I work with. For example, one lady I work with has "kids" who she talks to all night long while I try to get her to sleep. One morning, after a long night of pleading with her, so that I might also get a wink, she walks up to me and, in a very piteous manner, asks me for a hug, because her kids were calling her names. I couldn't resist.

Today I applied for a second job at Barnes and Noble Booksellers, Inc. If I get all the hours that I requested (well, if I get the job at all), I will be working about 50+ hours a week. I am excited. (That comment may or may not have been very sarcastic.) Hopefully I get the job, because it has been my working-life-long dream to work there.

1 comments:

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Beth,
I really hope you get that job! Also, I'm so happy you started blogging. You are such an excellent writer and I think it is a perfect forum for you to express yourself! I love you!

MUSIC